PROFILE OF MEC DAVID MASONDO
Current positions : Member of the Executive Council (MEC) for Provincial Treasury (Limpopo)
- Born and bred in Elim, 25km east of Makhado
- MEC Masondo is married with two (02) children
- MEC David Masondo is currently serving as the Central Committee and politburo member of the South African Communist Party (SACP).
- He is the founding Chairperson of the Young Communist League
- The former SRC President at Wits University
- Deputy President of the South African Student Congress
- Former National Executive Committee Member of the ANC Youth League
- It is the experiences that he, his family and members of the community in the areas that he resided in that dictated his involvement in the struggle to liberate all South Africans. The release of political prisoners in 1989 and 1990 further sharpened his tenacity to fight for liberation
- The societal interconnectedness, the tension and the contention became a straw that made him drink from the fountain of the South African revolution within the tripartite alliance (ANC, SACP and COSATU alliance).
- MEC Masondo is also a scholar. He has a Master of Arts Degree from Wits University and he is currently finishing his Doctoral studies with the New York University in the United States of America (USA).
- MEC Masondo's first job was as a Youth Commissioner in the Office of the President.
- After this period he went back to the South African Communist Party (SACP) to head the Political Education Desk.
- He is a former Board Member of the Financial Sector Charter
- In 2006, he was employed by the University of Wits as a Lecturer in the department of Political Science.
- He joined the Limpopo Provincial Government and worked for the department of Local Government and Housing as a Director.
Awards and other interests
- MEC Masondo has a number of awards including the Ford Foundation International Fellowships PhD program award, the MacCracken PhD scholarship and two (02) merit awards for his undergraduate studies.
- His commitment to his populace has seen him collect the "200 Young South Africans You Must Take to Lunch" awarded by the Mail and Guardian Newspaper.
- He believes that through discussion, however divergent the opinions may be a very strong and implementable position accepted by the constituency is always possible.
- He is a writer and loves reading.
- A sports enthusiast, he participates in athletics and other training exercising.
- He is a good soccer player.