MEC SEAPARO SEKOATI
Seaparo Charles Sekoati was born on the 28th of June 1967 in Sekhukhune land but later moved and grew in Mopani Region. He attended his secondary education at Vuxeni High school until he matriculated in 1988. He completed his BA degree in social sciences in 1993 at the University of the North the now called University of Limpopo. He again completed his Commonwealth Diploma in youth and development at University of Zambia in 1996. He further accomplished his Master’s degree in development at University of Limpopo in 2011.
He was an activist and a member of South African youth Congress (SAYCO) Northern Transvaal Region (the now Limpopo Province) in 1987-1991.
He served as a member of the interim Provincial provisional youth structure Northern Province (Integration of the South African youth Congress and ANC youth section in 1991.
He served as labour officer in SASCO in University of the North
He served as a Deputy Chairperson for ANC youth League, Limpopo and also served as Provincial Chairperson in Limpopo Youth Commission
He was instrumental in the formation, coordination and organising of the following;
- Namakgale Youth Congress in Phalaborwa
- COSAS Phalaborwa Area
- Mandagshoek Youth Congress in Sekhukhune land
- UDF activities in Phalaborwa, Northern Transvaal
He was a member of Provincial Executive Committee(PEC) of ANC Limpopo Province in 2003-2008
He served as a Regional Chairperson at ANC Mopani Region
He also served as the Chairperson of the following portfolios;
- Portfolio Committee on Public Administration
- Portfolio Committee on Treasury
He is a PEC Member of ANC Limpopo Province since June 2018 to date.
He is and was appointed as a Member of the Executive Council of the following departments;
- Member of Executive Council for the Limpopo Department of Treasury, 22 May 2019 to date
- Member of Executive Council for the Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism, 2014 to May 2019
- Acting Member of Executive Council for the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development , 2016 June to August 2016
- Acting Member of Executive Council for the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, 25th October 2017 to 26th July 2018
- Member of Executive Council for the Department of Economic Development, Environment and Tourism, 2013- 2014
- Member of Provincial Legislature 2009-2013
- Member of Executive Council for the Department of Health and Social Development, 2004-2009